On Friday 7 February, the 2020 UCI Road World Championships in Aigle-Martigny and Caffè Chicco d’Oro formalised their partnership at the Caffè Chicco d’Oro head office in Balerna (Ticino, Switzerland).
- Cornelio Valsangiacomo, CEO, Caffè Chicco d’Oro,
- Vittorio Maspoli, Head of Sales, Caffè Chicco d’Oro,
- Giorgio Pini, Head of Sales, HORECA, French-speaking Switzerland,
- Manuel Dennler, Head of Sales, HORECA, German-speaking Switzerland,
- Alexandre Debons and Grégory Devaud, co-presidents of Aigle-Martigny 2020,
- Nicolas Voide, member of the Aigle-Martigny 2020 Management Committee
- Corinne Rimet-Baume, General Secretary of Aigle-Martigny 2020
were present for this symbolic signature.
Caffè Chicco d’Oro, a family business based in the Ticino region and a major player in the Swiss coffee market, is the first official sponsor of the 2020 UCI Road World Championships in Aigle-Martigny.
Grégory Devaud and Alexandre Debons, co-presidents of Aigle-Martigny 2020:
“We are proud to announce this first signature and are delighted with the trust placed in us by the management of Caffè Chicco d’Oro, whose involvement in the world of sport is well-known to us. This is a significant moment for an event like ours. Together, we are ready to enjoy a magnificent adventure.”
Cornelio Valsangiacomo, CEO of Caffè Chicco d’Oro:
“Caffè Chicco d’Oro has maintained a strong link with cycling since the 1970s.
It is a popular sport, one that creates strong emotions and is capable of attracting thousands of people. A local sport, with the road as a stadium where the athletes, with their strengths and their weaknesses, fight to achieve their goal. These are all values that we share and that we promote on the Swiss and foreign markets thanks to our know-how and our organisation”